Lauren Leeper, MD FACS is an associate professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. Dr. Leeper is also the Director of the Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship Program.
Her focus in Pediatric Otolaryngology includes airway disorders, chronic ear disorders, cleft lip/palate, hearing loss, vascular abnormalities, velopharyngeal dysfunction and speech disorders.
- MD: Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, 2007
- Residency: Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, Medial University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2007-2012
- Fellowship: Pediatric Otolaryngology, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, 2012-2014
- Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2014-present
- Fellow, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, 2012-2014
- Humanitarian Resident Travel Grant Recipient, American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 2012
- MUSC Resident Temporal Bone Dissection Award: 2nd place, 2012
- MUSC Resident Research Award: 1st place, 2011, 2010
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology Travel Award Recipient, 2010 MidWinter Meeting
- Resident Research CORE Grant Recipient, American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 2009